Monday, September 10, 2007

A quick morning meet !

I'm just back after a discussion with Naidu, this was kinda a part of the appraisal cycle, so he must "discuss" before he closes my appraisal, n this was for it... waise its his bday aj, n i dint wana wish him, coz i always thought .. umm n i still think i do.. dat he dznt care, he neva wished any of the team mmbers xcept sesi on their bday... so i hd thot i wudn. waise to team se wishes jaate hi.. but khair,, i know its unlike Tasneem, but.. .. ahh neva mind... he came to my desk ( i dunno ajkal he walks up to me quite often i feel ! eeks! ) n i turned n surprisingly "Happy Birthday" nikalgaya mere moo se... wo bhi with a smile... khair he he gave a pleasant thank you (surprisingly !! ) n then said ur appraisal is still pending we'll close it? ( he meant... without d discussion) n i was like... ya sure we can close it, but i have sm questions, n he lukd at me.. n he said ya we'll talk.. n he still stood there!1 ( shudnt he be d one to offer to talk? n then we proceed?! duh !) neways, i said.. so can we talk now? then he gave me dat luk n said ya sure , n he tuk me he cabin n there he started offf....

I started off by askin a general... what is expected out of me.. he gave me a surprising " u are doing gud Tasneem.. when compared to others ur good i can say, but yes since u have just started therez a lot u have to learn..." . Then he said this.. out of all our team members, i think u wud b the only one i wud suggest for the technical stream ( dat did give me ahigh , although i wasnt very sure what xaclt he meant by technical stream, as he differentiated it frm d project stream) on dat he elaborated, u have gud grasping power so u can learn well and go ahead. ( isnt all this sooooooo much cliche'd na?) khair... it went on.... but smhow.. ( may b cz of d general dislike i have towards him, na not a general dislike, sab usi ki karni ka phal hai ! ) i dnt realy have a gud impression bout him ( yea u read dat sentence rite, i am tlaking bout his impression on me and not the vice versa! ) but hten he was being gud to me... he was strongly recommending .NET n hez gona send me for a training too... hmmm ... but thn i kinda was averse towards it, so i told him dat.. well i know it might sound kiddish but i havent heard much gud bot this technology n growth in it, although its smthing dats really flourishing now, n he said well dats a debatable topic, but since ur going to learn the basics, i strongly recommenc you do dat he said.
then another thing he seemd keen on tellin me is dat.. since he thought i was gud at learning he wanted me to get into the architectural side, n not stall my growth. but ya one thing when he said he dint want me to get into the project stream ( not very sure but he used wrds like managing ppl etc. .. n HEY I LIKE DAT!!!) n dats y he "strongly recommended" me for technical stream ( I FIND DAT BORING!!! ).

well as he went on with all dat, i had js one hting in mind, i need two hrs a week for my arabic classes at the university!! n bang i opened my mouth for it. I said this isnt anything technical, u can call it a hobby that i always wanted to pursue. So i glittered it with sayin i always had interest in learning languages ( utnaaaa scene nai hai ;) ) n so i enrolled for this course with the Osmania University for a diploma in Modern Arabic n dat i want to leave at 4 at any one day a week so i can reach th university and attend the classes there. n i told him i had this long term goal of doing my MA in arabic ( ya dis is true, coz i always wanted to learn Arabic as a language, since i already knew how to read n write it, i wanted to learn to understand it if i;d read it.) n at first he shooted to me the billability crap.. n dat i have to show hours being put in so i can bill the client but if everyone takes leaves how cn i show them bla ye bla wo, thn i went on n said i just want two hours a week, coz i m totally tied up, if i just attend one class a week, i;ll smhow manage n do with this diploma xams ( its SDMA; senior diploma in Modern Arabic n dat'll make me eligible for MA in arabic later) so he said ya sure if dats d case, just two hours i think its fine! n yippy! i thoutgh chalta atleast itni baat to maana meri. ( i dunno he is gud to me [hez even given me dat award!!] but.. i still.. ahh dnt like him very much for his earlier nuisances)

hmm so dats wt d discussion was all about.. now o gotto get goin again wid cpi for solutions. I was trying to make my resume the other day, n man did i have a tough time on it!! i sure m gona explore into other things, but.. hmmmm letssss cc noww..

chalo m off here.. may b wil b bak.. but untill then.... its..

bye bye frm Me!! :)

No comments: